The Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) is a professional membership association representing physicians across the Commonwealth. Through aspiring toward achievement of key values of the organization, including full engagement, elevating others, and adapting and evolving, we advocate for physicians on important policies and issues. MSV’s various entities include the association, insurance agency, foundation, and political action committee. Our passionate physician leaders and staff work each day to provide a variety of programs and services designed to make Virginia the best place in which to practice medicine and receive care.
The Medical Society of Virginia Insurance Agency (MSVIA) is a critical part of the organization, providing exceptional insurance services to Virginia physicians (and lawyers) and generating a source of non-dues revenue that helps support other organizational activities.
MSVIA is seeking a P&C Account Coordinator to assist and support the Account Managers and others in the P&C department with the processing of data and correspondence to existing and prospective clients. Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare accounts for the renewal process, which includes creating renewal lists for the account managers, making spreadsheets for large accounts, sending any necessary pre-renewal communication to clients (initial Service emails, BOP renewal questionnaires, etc.).
- Process renewal policies, endorsements and changes to existing clients, which includes updating their policy information in EPIC, sending cover letters, and updating and organizing the paper file as needed.
- Other supportive duties include checking policy documents when requested by Account Managers, sending credentialing information and Certificates of Insurance, reviewing/processing Workers Compensation audits, new business indications online, making Service Calls to clients when requested, preparing packets for client visits, providing back-up for the MSVIA receptionist for phone calls and incoming mail (paper and electronic).
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience preferred
- Property and Casualty insurance agent’s license (will cover course and exam fees for qualified candidates)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel
- Experience working with databases
- Ability to prioritize and work with deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with others when needed
- Familiarity with EPIC or other agency management software a plus
- Familiarity with (or previous exposure to) insurance jargon
If you meet these requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected].